Category Archives: D2O Adaptation 3

Feb 28 Yeast Growth

I’ve been scratching my head about this for the past two days. I could have sworn that I did a measurement of yeast growth after adaptation and it turns out I did. Here is the data:

I’ll graph this data and publish that when I’m done (after I defend).

Yeast morphology in 80% D2O

Yeast Colonies in 60% D2O YPD

So I suck at my own microscopy technique of taking pictures and combining them. In each case I left out a pretty sizable portion of the colony. :( Oh well. I’m going to do these experiments again (cause I made 2 sets of each type of solid media, 0%-100% D2O) and will be taking new images then. Can’t wait!!

80% D2O YPD Solid Media

  1. Water (already prepared and antibiotic added):
    • 32ml D2O YPD
    • 8ml DI YPD
  2. 0.8g agar
  3. Stir and heat on hotplate
  4. Pour 15-20ml into petri dish and allow to cool
  5. seal with parafilm