Since all the reactions yesterday worked, I purified the DNA and took some measurements in the nanodrop:
Tube 1: 289.6ng/ul in 30ul –> 8688ng
Tube 2: 259.8ng/ul in 30ul –> 7794ng
Since those yields look phenomenal, I decided to run my digestion of the anchor with BstXI. Once I gel extract my pBR322 digestion, I can run the final step, LIGATION! I’ve never completed this process in 2 days, and I hope I didn’t just jinx myself. Anyway, here is the digestion of pALS:
For the past few days, Pranav’s been hard at work collecting DNA tweezing data. The first set of experiments revolve around DNA overstretching (which I’ll explain later, but you should feel free to google it). We’re planning on analyzing force differences between DNA in D2O and H2O through overstretching. Hopefully eventually we’ll be working towards DNA unzipping, but that is less likely given our time constraints (graduation!!). Regardless there are a lot of interesting studies to be done here.
Here is the link to the notes. And here is the folder where all the data is stored.