It’s time to get back in the habit of doing molecular biology. I need to refamiliarize myself with the working PCR protocols I have, and determine if OpenPCR is more than adequate for Shotgun DNA Mapping. Using an inexpensive and open sourced platform to produce high quality research rocks my boat and I hope it does yours.
Here’s my reaction setup:
Results to come tomorrow…
Update: When adding the primers to the mastermix, I forgot which primer I added first, so I added the appropriate amounts of both. Essentially this means that there is extra amounts of one of the primers. Hopefully this doesn’t ruin the reaction, but I’m not expecting much since I’m using very old stuff here.