(This is rewritten in Anthony language for my own clarification. If anyone else finds this useful than awesome!)
Dissertation guidelines via OGS:
- Deadline: April 15 for Spring
- Formatting rules:
- Letter Size, 8 ½ X 11 inch
- The left margin of each page must be 1 1/2 inches, and the top, right, and bottom margins 1 inch.
- paginate your manuscript; upper right hand corner and bottom center
- If your page numbers are at the bottom, leave two blank line spaces between the last line of text and the line on which the page number is placed.
- Whether they are at the top or the bottom, page numbers should appear just outside the 1-inch margins (.5 to .8 inches from the top or bottom edge of the page).
- Use lower-case Roman numerals for the front matter (which is all pages before the body of research), create section break and continue (beginning again with page “1”) with Arabic numerals for the remainder of the manuscript, including the text, illustrations, appendices and references.
- Your manuscript should be double-spaced and single-sided.
- References may be single-spaced with a double space between each reference. Indented quotations may also be single-spaced.
- Font size for your text should be 12 point; headings may be up to 14 point. Fonts for tables, figures, and appendices may range from 8 to 12 point.