The journey has begun and I’m preparing to graduate this semester. In order to do that I need to have my dissertation finalized and submitted by April 15, and have defended prior to that. Here is a list of things (straight from the Office of Graduate Studies) I need to do/complete:
- Program of Studies – for masters.
- Application for Candidacy
- Appt of dissertation committee
- Announcement of Exam – also included on there is the Report of Exam
- Manuscript prep:
- Register for Lobovault
- email dwein to confirm Lobovault registration
- Complete Survey of Earned Doctorates
- forward email of completed survey to dwein
- Submit Dissertation via ProQuest
- need to create account
Everything else via Doug:
Transmitting your manuscript to the LoboVault repository When you have completed all of your required revisions and saved your complete manuscript, including Front Matter, as a single pdf file you are ready to transmit the final electronic manuscript to the LoboVault. Here are the steps you need to follow to transmit your file:
- Login at “My Account” at LoboVault repository website using the same username and password that you used for registration. The “Login” will change to “Logout”.
- Move the cursor above to the “Browse” section and click on the “Communities & Collections” link; in the center of the page, the first heading will be “UNM Academic & Scholarly Communications”.
- Scroll down to “Graduate Studies Community” and select the appropriate Doctoral Dissertations Community, Master of Fine Arts Community, or Master’s Theses Community.
- Scroll down to the designated departmental degree collection (e.g. Anthropology or English). Click on the appropriate collection button. The website that opens will be the site where your manuscript resides, so be sure to verify that you have selected the correct department.
- Find the link “submit a new item to this collection”. Clicking this link initiates the actual electronic submission of the manuscript. Follow the directions on each page. The first page has an “Item Submission” heading which will move you from Initial Questions through Six Steps (Describe, Describe, Upload, Review, License, and Complete). As you proceed, complete the open fields and click on the “Next” button to move to the next page.
- When you click on the “Complete” button at the end of this sequence, LoboVault will deliver your manuscript to the shadow archive administered by the OGS manuscript coordinator who completes the final review of your manuscript. Within three weeks after the degree requirement deadline, you will receive a letter acknowledging the approval of your manuscript and the partial fulfillment of the program requirement for the degree. The manuscript stays in the LoboVault shadow archive until the Registrar confers the final degree, at which time the OGS manuscript coordinator electronically moves the manuscript from the shadow archive to the LoboVault open-access repository and (for doctoral students) to the ProQuest-UMI repository.