Because I’m 90% confident that the adapted yeast was actually e. coli (based on images and smell) I’m going to restart the experiment. I started by cleaning the incubator/shaker. Might as well try and minimize e. coli outbreak…
- Add 9ml of D2O YPD (all that I had left) to test tube.
- Inoculate a colony from yeast grown on D2O solid media.
- Add 9ml of DDW YPD to test tube
- Inoculate colony from yeast grown on D2O solid media.
- Place in incubator at 30C and 185rpm
I also made a fresh batch of D2O YPD:
- 4.6g of powder YPD
- 92ml of D2O
- stir until dissolved
- filter (2um) into bottle