Tomorrow is going to be an amazingly fun day. Here is what I plan to do:
- wake up! It will be nice to get around on a full night’s sleep.
- eat! nothing makes me feel better than a full belly!
- Using altmetrics tools to track the online impact of your research – This hopefully will be a discussion that is directly relatable to my web analytics to measure impact studies. I don’t know if I’ll be sketch noting this session, or tweeting the ideas, but regardless of how it gets done, there will be some recap here tomorrow.
- Scientists and Wikipedia – This sounds like a crazy session and I can’t wait to hear what comes out of it. I’m not going to butcher the description here so just click the link and see for yourself.
- Science Communication, Risk Communication, and the role of Social Networks – Seems like this session will be a discussion of how to avoid mass hysteria when bringing scientific information to the public. The first thing that comes to mind is the reaction to the neutrinos results from several months ago. I bet I’ll have something to say here.
- In the afternoon I’ll be on a special behind the scenes tour of the Museum of Life and Science. I am super excited about this and expect tons of pictures from this event.
- Then there is a banquet in the evening, where I hope to meet tons of great people and have another nice collection of business cards with links to share.